Friday, October 22, 2010

How To Defeat Thaydol

SUSAN BOYLE: "I WAS NOTHING FOR PHYSICIANS "

Susan Boyle: "I did not come to the doctors I was nothing"


If her mother had not considered 'unthinkable' to end the her ninth pregnancy, today we would not have the pleasure of listening to one of the most beautiful of the international music scene. I Dreamed I Dream, the song from the musical based on the novel Les Misérables by Victor Hugo, would not have made famous, in April 2009, if the opinion of doctors who charge his mother had outperformed the maternal desire to put to another world daughter. Susan Boyle, the English 49enne, new international pop music star, has revealed in a recent biography that staff had suggested to his mother not to bring it into being and abortion. Reason: the pregnancy was at risk.

But Bridget Boyle, Irish immigrant in Blackburn, a village in the West Lot, at that time already the mother of 8 children, categorically refused that opportunity, "because he was a devout Catholic." And so she gave birth to Susan who, at birth, suffered from perinatal asphyxia illness that caused brain damage to a small child. But nevertheless, after a lifetime of scorn and ridicule to endure (not least that of the show U.S. presenter Oprah Winfrey), the child would be born that has become one of the greatest singers of today, even the actress Demi Moore is his big fan and has entered the Guinness Book of World Records for his fast fame. Subo, as they renamed the British media, revealed this in his autobiography The Woman I Was Born To Be, just published in England (Bantam, 328 pp, £ 18.99), after a few days before the performance artist Benedict XVI in London.
In the book the singer reveals that at the time of his birth, doctors greeted the newcomer with the traditional "Congratulations, a beautiful little girl!" Addressed to his mother, but in a completely different way: "The doctors looked at me contemptuously, as I had suspected brain damage due to a lack of oxygenation of the brain. So they said to my mother: "She had to listen to us. Now that Susan acccettare will never become anything good "."

Mai prophecy was not apt because Susan is a star of 9 million copies sold in just six weeks. But she holds a grudge. "I'm sure the doctors did their best intentions but I think that they should not say those things because no one can predict the future. What the doctors did not know is that I'm sort of a fighter and that throughout my life I have tried to show them that they were wrong. "

And the BBC, a few months ago, Susan Boyle, of which he is known, the deep Catholic faith, he explained: "My story proves that one should not look at the outward appearance, but must consider the whole person emotionally, physically, mental and spiritual. I hope I can prove this by saying that dreams are not impossible. " Just a few months ago another well-known singer, Andrea Bocelli, his mother had told him that the doctors had suggested an abortion because the baby she was carrying suffered impairments due to an appendicitis attack she suffered. Although totally blind, Bocelli has become a star of the pop song and opera.

Lorenzo Fazzini

SOURCE: http://www.avvenire.it/

0 comments:

Post a Comment